Course - Elementary
Course Leader Karen Marshall
Suitable for pianists currently working between grades 1 – 3 (AB or Trinity). Ideally, students should prepare at least two pieces, either own choice or from their chosen syllabus for the course.
Each student will receive:
- 4 x 45 mins one-to-one piano lessons *
- Scheduled daily private practice time
- 4 x 45 mins Kodàly Musicianship
- 4 x 30 mins classes Technique time
- 4 x 45 mins classes Theory
- 4 x 45 mins classes Improvisation, composing and Playing by Ear
- 4 x 45 mins classes Musical Time Travel – Developing listening and aural skills exploring the Baroque, Classical, Romantic, Contemporary periods
- 4 x 1 hour classes Ensemble playing and sight reading development
- Final whole course concert performance
- Certificate of attendance
*Participants may book additional one to one lessons which will be scheduled during the daily programme
My son has just been to the 2nd week of your Summer school and has had an absolutely wonderful time. After about 2 days there he sent me a text asking if he can go again next year!
He sent one yesterday saying if necessary he would pay for it himself and today saying he didn’t want to leave!
I think you can safely say it has been a huge success. He’s even gone straight to the piano and carried on practising. He says he’s enjoyed doing lots of practice. He also said everyone was really nice.